Sunday, March 14, 2010

the good with the bad

Last night marked springtime daylight savings.  I both love and hate daylight savings...I hate the hour of sleep I miss out on, but I love, love, love that it stays light later.  Spring is officially on its way! I can't wait! Every sign of spring means I'm one day closer to Camden and the b&b.  Granted, it was cold, grey and incredibly windy today in Vail...I'm talking gust of 50-60 mph...but I'm refusing to let that get me down.

My mom called and told me she received the license from the town of Camden, saying they have officially approved the b&b! Very, very exciting! I'm one step closer to making this dream come true! And a huge thanks to my mom for helping me with the paper work.  I couldn't do it without her! I am trying to help as much as I can, but it's more difficult when you're in Colorado, not Maine.

But, as always, there's a catch. According to State standards, we need to have water sprinklers in every room in case of a fire...uh-oh.  That is most certainly not going to happen.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can be grandfathered into not needing this, since my grandmother ran this bed and breakfast without sprinklers for years.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me too! More detective work to be done tomorrow.  Oh, I hope we can get around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment