Monday, October 11, 2010

amazing before and after: card catalog

On Pinterest (ps if you want an invite I still have a couple) yesterday, I found the best before and after. Ever.  Just look at what Adrianne and Jeremy over at Dream Book Design blog did!  They found this old card catalog at a library that was closing and completely revamped it.  It now lives in their dining room as a buffet.  Here's what it looked like when they got it:


They took apart the different sections, keeping track of where each drawer went), and lined them up horizontally instead of vertically.  


They bought a base for the card catalog at home depot.  And painted everything, including all 72 (SEVENTY-TWO!!!) drawers white.  I get a headache just thinking about it.  BUT, I'm sure the headache was worth it when the final product came out like this:


Isn't it so beautiful?  It totally fulfills all of my organizational neuroses. I mean, there is literally a drawer for everything.  Or, at least, one for seventy-two different things.  What a unique piece of furniture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment