Monday, October 4, 2010

vinfest

We had so much fun at Vinfest this weekend.  Hosted by the Cellardoor Winery in Lincolnville, Vinfest was filled with autumn colors, wine tasting, farmer's market like food stands, and rickety (eek!) ferris wheel rides...oh, and who could forget, scarecrow decorating. 



I'm pretty sure I need to own an alpaca some day.  Their eyes are SO cute.  I don't have a good picture of them, but Katie does and I will get it from her. 



Carreau and me posing with Gary Garrison, the scarecrow, upon his completion.  They supplied clothes and hay to build your scarecrow and held a competition for the best one.  We were doing our wine tasting when they announced the winner.  We're pretty sure we won though :)




Dan needed me to remind him of this rule on several occasions....much to my frightened chagrin.  




View from the top of the ferris wheel.  Inside the tent were food samples from various local artisans/vendors, free barbecue lunch, and cooking demonstrations.  Behind the tent were antique tractors and cars, scarecrow supplies, vineyard tours and horse-drawn wagon rides.


Grape stomping a la I Love Lucy! It felt mushy and cold!




Creeeeeeepy post-grape stomping feet.  YUCK.  I think I have been too absorbed in reading about Lisbeth Salander.  Because this seriously looks like a bloody, skeleton foot to me.

1 comment: