Tuesday, October 5, 2010

yellow treehouse restaurant

Um.  This just might be the coolest thing ever.  For real.


Is this not the thing dreams are made of?  I mean talk about grown-ups living out their childhood fantasies. This place is unbelievably awesome and gorgeous and amazing and well, just crazy great.


This place is the Yellow Treehouse restaurant built ten meters above ground around a gorgeous redwood tree in New Zealand.  Yes, New Zealand.  What a bummer.  I guess that's reason more than ever to save some dolla dolla bills and go on a grand trip to the other side of the world.  Also, it's booked for the next year.  Which isn't so much of a bummer, given that I won't be able to afford a trip to New Zealand for quite some time.  But also, on it's website it says something about potentially being shut down pending some kind of "official consent." Super bummer.  Maybe by the time I can afford a trip (like a billion years from now), it will be "officially consented." 


I mean, this place is too great to be shut down. What fun-hating, beauty-hating, most-ridiculously-amazing-idea-ever-hating person wouldn't consent to having this restaurant?  I mean, aren't you just dying to eat there yourself?  I bet the food's really good too.

I really meant to write about blankets for my next post.  But, unfortunately, Design*Sponge beat me to it today (sigh), and, well, can't you see why this would take precedence over blankets?  This place is magical and I am determined to make it there....some day.

1 comment: