Wednesday, May 26, 2010

an after dinner stroll

Here's a peak at some work we've been doing over the last couple of days.  We're sanding, priming, and painting some of the new trim that's to go into the house.  Is there anything else we do these days?


After dinner, we took a walk downtown and took some pictures of Camden harbor.  




When I was little, my grandmother would save stale bread for me to bring down to the waterfront and feed to the ducks.  The male mallard ducks were always my favorite. 


Pretty lupines! I actually got a lupine plant earlier this month and planted it in our yard and it's blooming! I'm pretty sure it's the first thing I have ever successfully grown.  Hopefully that's a good sign for gardening to come.


Random memory:  I'm pretty sure these little flowers are called butter cups.  When I was probably 3 or 4 years old and in daycare, I remember the daycare lady yelling at me to not eat these flowers; they are poisonous.  I was devastated, because with a name like butter cup, I felt they had to be delicious. 


There I am, out of the house in something other than the shorts and t-shirt I wear while painting. Pretty exciting.


Too bad my legs still looked like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment