Sunday, May 30, 2010

to Porltand, to Portland to rent a black tux

I know embarrassing amount of nursery rhymes.  I was beyond obsessed with them when I was little and listened to Wee Sing Nursery Rhymes and Lullabies practically every night before bed.  So, when I went to title this post, I got "to market, to market to buy a fat pig, home again, home again, jiggety-jig..." stuck in my head. Eesh. Sorry. (Hope you don't get it stuck in your head too!) Oh and Dan needed a tux for a black-tie wedding he's going to in Vegas next weekend.

On Friday, Dan and I swung by Duck Fat in Portland for lunch.  Their star menu item is belgian fries (catch a glimpse of them below) fried in duck fat...hence the name of the restaurant.  And they are oh, so delicious with many dipping sauces to choose from.  My personal favorite is the truffle ketchup. Are you drooling yet? 


The restaurant is really small and they have this long bar running down one side for seating.  Opposite the bar is a brick wall, on which they've put a piece of magnetic strip, so people can play with the copious amounts of magnetic poetry.

Here are a few of my favorite assemblages:



And here is what I wrote as a joke (except that I also mean every word of it):


Back in Camden, the work continues on.  (The post I wrote last night actually happened after the trip to Portland.) I sometimes feel like I'm on some hgtv show, especially now that the big tools have arrived. 


We're working on getting the last big things done upstairs, which involves adding some new trim and the bead board I told you all about.  Then, I can decorate and show you pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment