Saturday, May 8, 2010

so many posts, so little time

The pictures I'm going to put up here are actually from Wednesday.  I have so much I want to share on here, but haven't had the time to do it.  We are just so busy sanding.  I'm tired of it.  So, after this paragraph no more talk about sanding in this post.  Here's what we've done when we can't possibly sand anymore...I swear I don't even recognize my own hands.  They look like they belong to a chronic nail biter. Okay, no. more. sanding.


When I said a couple of breakfasts in my last post, I only showed you one.  I also made a quiche the other day, it's a crustless quiche with leeks and bacon from the FoodNetwork.  It was pretty delicious, but didn't really hold it's shape on a plate.  Maybe a crust or a few extra minutes in the oven would help with that.  Either way, Dan and I gobbled up almost all of it (whoops!) in one sitting.


The weather was beautiful on Wednesday, so we got out of the house and went for a hike up Mount Battie in Camden.  I told Dan it would probably take us 45 minutes to get up.  It took 20.  Hmmmm...Either I really didn't remember the hike that well, or I was in really bad shape the last time I did it (the latter most likely being the real reason...).  


                                        

This picture is of the tower at the top of the mountain.  It's dedicated to those who served us in WWI, except the plaque just says "The World War," because WWII hadn't happened yet.  There's also a plaque at the top that quotes the famous poem by Edna St. Vincent Millay, "Renascence," which was inspired by the view from the top of the mountain:

                            

Not too shabby, huh? Finally, here's Dan pointing to The Good House...kind of...

                         

It's somewhere in there, you get the idea. Our hike was a fun little excursion and much needed distraction from all that has to be done in the house.  Now Dan needs to use the computer, so I've got to go! More posts to come, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment