Sunday, May 9, 2010

it's getting to be decision time...uh-oh

So, all of this sanding and scraping stuff is hard work. But in a sense, it's easy for me, because it has to be done and it has to be done in a certain way, and well, there's not very much decision making involved.  This is good for me.  


The tricky part is coming up.  Maybe not as soon as I'd like (there's still a lot of prep work to be done), but pretty soon painting will be upon us as far as my indecisive mind is concerned.  So, colors. Colors! This is also the most exciting part.  I can't wait to figure it all out and (fingers crossed) have the whole room finally come together.  I have had an idea in my head that I want the green room to be blue, a kind of slate blue.  Definitely nothing pastel.  Although, I must admit, I've been tempted to paint it another shade of green so it can still be the "green room." 


All in all, I would ideally like the rooms to feel tranquil, crisp, and natural.  The furniture in the current green room (soon to be blue room?) is oak.  The curtains are white and lace-y.



Originally, I wanted to paint one of the bathrooms sage green, but I think after seeing this picture that sage might be a little too bland.  I have to consider both that this is a bed and breakfast, so guests probably want something a little more exciting, but also that my mom and aunt are still trying to sell the house, so it can't be anything too extreme.  I like the bedding in the blue room above, but definitely think I want color in the walls.  I know that sometimes it can be hard to find bedding to match, so maybe I should look for that first? Although, there is something to be said for a crisp, white bed and that goes with any paint color.


I also really like this Robin's Egg color

I'm starting to wish I had more rooms to paint! (Just reread this for grammatical editing and thought about the sanding involved...maybe I don't wish for more rooms.) Look how pretty it is with the lilacs hydrangeas?.  I have a few paintings I'd like to hang in the green room.  One is of lupines and the other is of the Make Way for Ducklings statue in Boston Commons.  I'll try to remember to take pictures of them to post on here.

 

I like these three bathrooms, maybe the color of the middle one for a bedroom?  I like the dark round mirror in the third, but also the lightness of the first.  Spoiler alert (haha I'm so lame):  we're going to replace the faux tile in the cat bathroom with beadboard, so it might look remotely like the picture on the left someday.



I love the green-blue color in the picture on the left and also the idea of wooden blinds, but I'm not sure if they'd feel upscale or like you're in a cabin.  

Please let me know what you think! I need all of the input I can get.  Plus, the dining room is coming up next, and that's even more of a mystery to me. Red? Tan? Green? Ahh, one step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment