Friday, May 7, 2010

what we've been up to

We have been sanding so much, I can't really feel my fingertips anymore. I only have a few pictures uploaded to my computer so far, but I'll try to add more later today.

This is Dan scraping a door.



This is the door after.  Pretty impressive, huh?



This is Dan after.  Haha.

All of the pictures of me so far make me look pretty wimpy. But I swear I've been working hard too! Here's one of me scraping the wallpaper that's on the walls.  

                                        

It has been painted over in that key lime pie color, so we're trying to sand the seams hoping they won't show when we paint over the paint.  There is one section where we've tried to "do the right thing" by stripping all the layers of wall paper and paint down to the plaster.  I just don't know what to do about it.  It's going to be really hard and potentially disastrous to try to do this everywhere.  And then I don't know if we would have to drywall it, which would a) take up a lot of time and b) potentially cost a lot.  

The frustrating thing is that it seems like for 170 years people have just been layering paper over paint over paper again.  It would be nice to be the ones finally to fix it all.  Is it really worth it if we're only here for 6 months? But do we really want to perpetuate this chain?

No comments:

Post a Comment