Saturday, July 10, 2010

how do you solve a problem like maria?

I am obsessed with the Sound of Music.  My father would probably disown me for saying this (he is an avid Julie Andrews and musicals hater), but it just might be my favorite movie of all time.  Last summer, when Dan and I went to Europe, I forced him and his friends to join me on a Sound of Music tour of Salzburg.  They pretty much hated me at the time, but I think they're over it now. Here are some pics from our tour, just so we call all relive those wonderful moments together :)


See the boys faces vs mine? They would have killed me if they thought they could get away with it.


Having my very own "the hills are alive" moment (and forcing Dan to document it, of course).


How would you like to swing from these trees in play clothes made from drapes?


You can't even go in this thing anymore, because some 90+ year old woman decided to be Leisl and fell and broke her hip.  The dreams of Sound of Music fans around the world came crashing down...

When I found out that my friend, Annie, landed a part in the Ogunquit Playhouse's summer production, I was jumping for joy.  On Wednesday night, my mom and I went down to Ogunquit to see it! 





The play was great and Annie was great in it! She has a couple of different small roles, which is a really big deal when the performance is at the Ogunquit Playhouse! The woman who plays the Mother Abbess has a Tony nomination under her belt for goodness sakes! (And, trust me, her voice is unbelievable.)  Although I kept my mom up past her bedtime on a work night, I think we both agree the trip was well worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment