Saturday, July 17, 2010

it's a jungle out there

A big hot jungle.  It's 88 degrees today in camden, which in the sun feels like approximately 10,000,000 degrees.  The only up side I can see is that all of that sun is helping our garden grow.  My green thumb has arrived, people, and I want to be the first to share the good news.

Here's what our vegetable garden looked like in May:


A lot of dirt, huh?

Here's what our vegetable garden looks like now:


Whoa!


Holy lettuce! Even as a serious salad lover, I can't keep up with this stuff!


A pretty big bell pepper...I'm waiting for it to turn red. YUM.


Some hot peppers.  A friend, Dave, says we should do a promotional gimmick where we grow ghost peppers (apparently the hottest variety) and if a guest can eat one without getting sick, he or she gets a free night's stay.


More parsley than I know what to do with...


The beginnings of a squash


Some green tomatoes just waiting to turn red.

Our flower garden is an even bigger mess (a beautiful mess, though)...here's what it used to look like:


Here's what it looks like now:


Holy moly.  It's a bit more overgrown looking than even I would like. But I am just so happy that I am actually capable of growing things that I don't even care.


Some daisies


A big red zinnia (I think?)...these got wayyy bigger than I realized they would.


Bud: I think she's pretty.
The Rose: Quiet, Bud.


A pretty, pale hydrangea blossom

Maybe to some of you out there, this garden isn't very impressive, but if you could see what I attempted to grow last year, you'd be driving up to Camden to shake my hand and congratulate me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment