Wednesday, July 21, 2010

obsession: vases

I really like vases.  I think they make such a great addition to a room.  The fresh flowers that are usually in them don't hurt either...but even empty I think vases are great.  I've placed them all over the house and have a collection of them along the mantle in the kitchen.

These vases are empty most of the time.  I planted a garden so I could fill the vases, but I'm always too afraid that if I cut the flowers, none will grow in their place.  After much persuasion, my mom has finally convinced me otherwise.  Yesterday, I cut lots (okay, as many as I could stand) for my vases.  Here are the results:

These vases are often empty.

I impressed myself with how well these colors went with the print behind the vase.

Can you spot him?  That little guy came along for the ride.

This daisy matches the wallpaper.

From a different angle

Another color combination I like.

I love using other things as vases.  

And I love Smiling Hill Farm.  Especially their ice cream sundae bar.  Do they still have that?

The view from my kitchen window.

Again with the upside down view.  I like the light here.

Bright colors for a dreary day

The carnage. I h-a-t-e earwigs.  Sorry, but he had to go.  Hopefully, his friends wont try to follow him or I may be forced to become a mass murderer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment