Tuesday, July 6, 2010

writer's block

It's hard for me to come up with things to write about now that we're all done renovating the house.  I don't want to bore you, but I also feel like I should keep writing things.  Maybe when we have a more fluid stream of guests, I will have more stories to tell.  For now, here are some pictures of our business cards and rack cards.  They're just screen shots, so please pardon their quality.  


These are the rack cards I designed. I didn't really know how to do this, but I knew they'd be necessary for promotion.  We have a stack of them down in Camden's Chamber of Commerce and hopefully they will bring us a few guests throughout the summer/fall. That dotted line that looks like a border doesn't exist on the real thing and the text is taken directly from our other website, thegoodhousecamden.com.  I would have preferred to put on a picture of the cinnamon rolls over the eggs, but didn't feel like we had a good enough one and didn't feel like it merited making another batch of 55 rolls.  All in all, I think they're all right.


This is our business card.  Dan wanted it to look very simple and be just black and white.  He said we couldn't have any cheesy pictures on it.  I kept showing him different templates that he promptly rejected.  Finally, in exasperation, he said, I'll show you an example.  He went upstairs and came back with a business card for a gynecologist in New York...immediately my attention went from business card making to why the heck do you have this??? 

It turns out that when Dan was recently in Vegas for a wedding, where he met this doctor.  Dan, being the chatty cathy that he is, talked to him about our summer adventure.  The doctor, randomly enough, comes to Camden a few times every year to visit friends and gave Dan his card so we could send him info on the b&b.  Phew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment