Monday, June 21, 2010

before and after: the dining room

I'm still trying to figure out how to decorate the table, side board, and mantle, but these after pics give a pretty good idea of the transformation in here.  The room started out all white, with just a wallpaper border near the ceiling (phew!).  Although all of the fancy trim took a lot of time to sand and paint, it was definitely worth it.  This room came out way better than I could have imagined.  Also, that brown color that I was so upset about a week or so ago? I love it now.

BEFORE:


Okay, so it was a mess here...but still.  Oh and there were some pretty horrendous curtains.





There's that wallpaper!



See? Blank slate...

AFTER (disclaimer: the room looks a bit darker in the pictures than it does in real life):
















Also, a huuuuge thanks to Jessie for finding the amazing curtains for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment