Tuesday, June 15, 2010

post-weekend

It's been harder than usual to get back to work after spending such a fun weekend with Jane and Ryan.  Luckily, the end is in sight and hopefully we'll have many more fun days to come.

We've been busy trying to get that room set up again, get the other room set up for a first time, put the finishing touches on the dining room and fix any little things that Jane and Ryan pointed out to us. We also finally got around to hanging up the sign! 



I think it looks pretty good! Of course, even this wasn't easy.  I figured we could just hang up the sign that my grandmother had used (which is this one) but it had been banged up in places and needed to be repainted.  I got a match for the blue paint and painted over a bunch of white parts. I figured I could free-hand filling in the white parts.  Boy was I wrong.  When I was first finished with it, the sign honestly looked like I had let a bunch of four-year olds have their way with it.  Whoops? I guess that's what you get when you haven't taken an art class since the 8th grade.  Dan saved the day with some painters tape and a steadier hand than mine.

I've been working a lot on the other website too...the one that we hope people will actually find on the internet.  I have spent so much time looking at it that I feel like I can't pick up on any more mistakes. I'm too used to it.  Could you guys please take a quick peak and let me know if there's anything you'd change and if you pick up on any grammatical errors/sentences that sound really funny?  I know I still need to do a few things...like descriptions of sailing, and maybe a calendar of July and August? 
The address is www.thegoodhousecamden.com   Thanks in advance for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment