Tuesday, June 8, 2010

le jardin

I'm really trying to channel my inner green thumb this summer.  It has been heretofore completely absent from my life, despite many attempts at growing herbs.  Call me crazy, but I have a good feeling about it right now. We'll see...I may be singing a different tune in a few weeks when everything has either drowned or shriveled up.  Here it is, still alive:


Our vegetable garden looked a little more lively before all the rain came through.  The sunshine over the next few days should help it out a bit. 


Here's our flower garden on the side of the house.  We only have a couple of places that get enough sunlight to really grow anything...aka here and where the vegetables are.


Another view of the flowers....they're about half perennials half annuals.  I figure the perennials would save us some money in the off chance we do this again next year.  Even if we don't, hopefully they'll grow and look pretty all over again.


Roses in bloom! 


Look at that little bud.  I'm so excited for more flowers and to put some of these roses in bouquets in the rooms.


Pretty.  I want more of them! I am starting to see how gardening could be addicting...and wayyy more fun than my scraping addiction.

Any gardeners out there have some sage advice for a novice???


No comments:

Post a Comment