Sunday, June 6, 2010

i cannot tell a lie

Okay, so I'm no George Washington and would never claim to have a cherry tree, but I seriously cannot tell lies.  I'm terrible at it.  So I assure you, when I keep saying we're getting really close, it's the truth.  It's just that getting really close is a long phase, I guess.  We're getting really close.  Seriously.  Like I think pictures this week.  (I think.)

Now that we're getting so close, all sorts of new logistical issues are popping into my head and I need your advice....If you were to come to a bed and breakfast, would you want music playing during breakfast?  I can't decide if that would make guests feel more at ease or be distracting.  And, if you would want music, what kind would you want? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume it's not p.diddy style rap. But seriously, classical? Jazz? Oldies? Newer stuff?

One more thing, when should we serve breakfast? You guys who have jobs with a regular schedule, do you wake up early even on the weekends/vacation? How early is early? Should we have a few different seatings, and guests can choose which one they want to eat at? Or, should we just have a window of time when breakfast is served and guests can wander downstairs as they choose? What would be your ideal breakfast situation?

3 comments:

  1. NO music during breakfast. I think it's safe to say that those who enjoy music during breakfast won't be put-off by a lack of music. Those who do not like music at breakfast, however, will be annoyed.

    Also, I think a time window is good...maybe not so convenient for you guys, though. It's a tough one because you will get some people who want to wake up at 6:30 and read the newspaper then you'll get others who sleep 'til 11:00 or later. Though, I think the late sleepers will be fine with waking up and having a cup of coffee then eating lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a music person so I'd probably say no music at breakfast. But as far as food goes... I think you should have a set meal time of say 9:30 but let your guests know they are free to come help themselves to coffee and muffins or bagels as early as 7:30 if they are early risers. That way you won't have to fix a meal and try to keep it warm for hours not knowing when people will show up. It's also nice when the guests eat together. That's part of the fun of a B&B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the advice guys! i am relieved to not have to play music at breakfast...and having stuff available to early and late risers is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete