Friday, August 27, 2010

growing up is hard to do

In running this bed and breakfast, I think I've learned a fair amount of life lessons.
  • renovations take longer than expected
  • take breaks from work and do fun things
  • coffee is good
  • that I can run a real bed and breakfast that people actually like (How have I managed to trick them into thinking this is legitimate?)
Of course, just when I find myself getting a little too confident about what I've "accomplished," life seems to always put my back into my place.  Remember that just-a-little-jaded post about bank fees? Or when I made a delicious strawberry-rhubarb crisp that was the bane of my existence because it spilled over onto the bottom of the oven and subsequently the top of the oven (don't ask) and I set smoke detectors off at all hours of the day for almost a week? (The most cringe-worthy being at 6:30 in the morning when we had our first ever guest.)
(credit: Allie Brosh)

Well, when Dinah sent me this link in an email today, it rang, oh, so true. Luckily, it makes my frustrations suddenly feel not only shared, but hilarious.  

While you're reading that one, I also highly recommend another post by Allie Brosh about why spiders are scary.  She almost made me pee my pants laughing (not that that's very hard to do...but still).

No comments:

Post a Comment