Tuesday, August 17, 2010

xenia taler tiles

While in Brunswick, Cait and I went into a home decor store called Nest.  Nest had SO many wonderful things and I wanted to buy all of them.  Instead, I took notes of some of my favorites so I could look them up online later.

There were these tiles designed by Xenia Taler that caught my eye.  I thought they were so simple, beautiful and intriguing.  The illustrations on the tiles in the store were of birds, of course I loved them! After I checked out her website (linked above), I found even more designs that I loved (the birds are still my faves).  You can purchase tiles through her website too.  How convenient.






Aren't they gorgeous? It would be so fun to be doing some tiling/mosaic project (as if I knew how to do that) and add in a whole school of those little fish.  Or to put an array of the birds on a wall or a table. Unfortunately, I have no tiling projects in my near future.  However, I was thinking that you could use them on your countertop to put hot pots on or as coasters.  Can anyone think of another way to use these beautiful tiles? 

No comments:

Post a Comment