Thursday, August 26, 2010

smitten kitchen's perfect blueberry muffins

If you were staying at The Good House this weekend, you'd get to eat these:

(image from smittenkitchen.com)

Dan is home in Kansas for the weekend and I have been bored out of my mind all day long.  Not only did I meticulously inspect my wardrobe for any white/summer clothing items that have yet to be worn and therefore need to be worn before Labor Day, but I also looked at every blog I read, oh, 73 times.

Just when I thought I couldn't get any more bored, I stumbled upon a new Smitten Kitchen recipe for Perfect Blueberry Muffins.  They are perfect! And I haven't even made them yet! But Deb says that the thick batter means the blueberries don't sink (I always have problems with this) AND since she halved the recipe, it only makes 10 muffins.  This is perfect!!! I hate having 20 muffins and not knowing what to do with them all.  I wind up gorging myself on them, because I don't want to let them go to waste.  But only 10 muffins? The perfect amount!  Now I won't end up looking like this:


Phew! Now that we can breathe a collective sigh of relief, I promise to post a review of my own attempt at these muffins asap.  Also, Deb (smittenkitchen author) had a baby last fall.  In her posts, she often links pictures to him.  This one was linked in the blueberry muffin post.  I think it's too good not to pass along: http://www.flickr.com/photos/smitten/4929068761/

No comments:

Post a Comment