Wednesday, August 4, 2010

introducing the camden snow bowl

Yesterday, Dan and I did our new hike of the week (per my list of things to do while in Camden) and summited the Camden Snow Bowl.  And while it's not Vail, it does offer some cool glades (if they ever get enough snow to ski the glades) and nice views of the ocean.  Take that Tahoe.

First up, a little puzzle....can you spot the wild critter in this picture?


Did you find it? No? Well keep looking! This is your Where's Waldo for the day.

 

Here's Dan jumping on the t-bar.  There seems to be many more t-bars than chair lifts at the Camden Snow Bowl.  We think this one could be for two people, which could be fun, but also could be a disaster waiting to happen.  I just picture 12 year old boys trying to push each other off/the numerous people who have absolutely no idea what they're doing smashing into each other.  It would be kind of funny to watch....just like this is


The view of the ocean from a lookout point.  The first body of water you see is a small lake at the base of the mountain, the ocean is actually that dark part on the horizon that almost looks like it could be part of the sky.  Little known fact: the Camden Snow Bowl is home to the National Toboggan Championships.  There's a luge of sorts on the mountain and the toboggans run out onto the frozen lake at the base of the mountain.


We picked some blueberries and blackberries on the way up.  Does this count as my picking berries or apples from my summer list?





Ever the cool kids, when we got to the top we tried to do some of those jumping pictures.  I, of course, failed miserably at this.  Apparently it is exceedingly difficult for me to jump at the count of three.


Dan, on the other hand, had no problem getting an awesome shot.  Nobody ever said life was fair.



And finally, a chair lift shot.  I have always, let me repeat, always wanted to have my picture taken on a chair lift in the summertime.  Why? I don't really know.  But whenever I see pictures of other people on chair lifts in the summer I get insanely jealous and want to be them. Living in a ski area, you'd think I'd have done it by now, but I haven't.  This was my chance.  I actually kind of freaked out and didn't know how to pose and forced Dan to take about ten different pictures of me up here.  It was very stressful...seriously...


Then, I had to take pictures of flowers just to calm myself down.

Well, now that you all probably think I'm either crazy or a huge loser (although if you've been reading this blog for long enough, you probably thought that already), I think it's time for me to go.  But not before I show you what was hiding in that first picture:


Yep, scroll back up to the top and see if you can find it now!  I promise it's there!

p.s. Dan and I tried to capture the frog and it peed on us.  I guess that'll teach us. 

1 comment:

  1. AH! I really couldn't see the frog until you pointed it out! I'm so envious of your life. (Minus frog pee.)

    ReplyDelete