Monday, September 20, 2010

cousin kristen's wedding

On Saturday, I got to be my mom's date to my cousin Kristen's wedding.  Yes, she has the same name as me.  Actually, I have the same name as her, because she's older.  But guess what else?  Her brother's name is also David (that's DJ's real first name).  Hmm.  Way to be original, Parents.

Because she has my name and is older than me, I always really looked up to Kristen and thought she was the coolest ever.  While I haven't seen her in quite awhile, it was pretty exciting for me to go to her wedding.   Here's a few pictures of the pretty decor from the reception:


We got these apples to help us find our table.  The color our names were written in told the waiters what meal option we had selected.  Pretttty tricky.  Oh and our gifts were saplings.


I guess Kyle, whoever that is, got a little hungry.




The reception was held at the Lucerne Inn.  It was a really beautiful venue.  We were outside and in a tent that was attached to the building. Early on, one end of the tent was still left open to the outside, so people could go out and walk around on the Inn's grounds.




The pretty bouquets all consist of flowers found locally around the lake.  In the vases were river rocks found by the groomsmen at the bachelor party and sea glass!



Congratulations to the bride and groom! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the namecards and I especially love the saplings! such a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete