Saturday, September 4, 2010

holy ridiculousness

I'm flabbergasted by the amount of money some people will spend on their kids. Last summer, I nannied (how do you spell this? is it just not a word?) for a three girls ages 6, 4 and 4 and they were constantly switching outfits from Juicy Couture to Sevens Jeans to CrewCuts, etc, etc.  AND THEY WERE 6 and 4! Six and four years old! I mean, honestly, those jeans will fit them for what? 6 months (if they don't destroy them first)? And then you throw down another benjamin to buy them another pair?  Oh and let's not forget that the 4 year olds are twins who won't share. I wonder if I could sew together all of their discarded jeans into a pair that would fit me...


Okay, now obviously all of these kids look absurdly cute/cool.  Heck, I wish I could dress like that! How do these 5 year olds have better style than me?  Okay, well obviously somebody else picked out their outfits for them, but still.  I'm just saying, I can barely afford to buy J.Crew for myself let alone for my non-existant child who would most undoubtedly mess those clothes up after a single wearing.

Alright, whatever, I'm jealous of the kids' clothes. I'm jealous of the kids. Someday, oh someday, I just might be that cool.  Wanting to steal these kids' outfits is bad enough, but what if I wanted to steal their bedrooms too?  There is SO much cool furniture out there for kids.  Unfortunately, while I could maybe rock one of these outfits (if some generous donor bought it for me), I'm not sure I could justify spending thousands on these super cool pieces.

(dressers can be found here)

Aren't those dressers totally Alice-in-Wonderland cool? For a cool $4,500 one of them could be all yours.  Of course, if you had a dresser like this, you probably wouldn't even pay attention to it, because you'd probably be too busy spending all of your time here:


No, that's not the house your parents own (although I guess they technically they still bought it).  That is your backyard playhouse complete with plumbing and electricity.  It costs about $23,000 and fyi, it's not even the most expensive one.  I, apparently, have cheaper taste and prefer the one that costs just under $10,000. (It's wayy cooler.)


I mean, these are probably nicer than some apartments I've lived in! Sign me up! Especially if it means I get to wear grown-up sized CrewCuts while I'm at it.   Oh and my imaginary dog (can't get a real one because I'm allergic, sigh) would live here:



Final thought: I'm really sorry if this post was creepy.  I just couldn't pass up showing you some of the crazy things I've discovered while wasting enjoying copious amounts of time in blog-land.

(images 3-5 from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment