Thursday, September 2, 2010

EmersonMade

Alright, alright, I know she's been posted all over blog-land already.  But I just can't get enough of her!  On a regular basis, I find myself searching for that picture of her pantry that was posted on Design*Sponge.  Seriously. Like I've done it twice in the past five days.  And since, geographically speaking, I can't force you all to sit down with me and look at the glory that is this pantry, well, I am going to make you look at it now.


Ahhhh.  Isn't that just...beautiful?  I love it.  L. O. V. E.  All of the beautiful rows of jars, filled with mysterious and delicious things.  Don't you just want to know what's in them?  I could never imagine having that many pantry items, but if I could have a pantry like this, you'd better believe that I'd buy every bean and flour and spice I could find to fill these jars! I get giddy just thinking about organizing it all.  

If I had this pantry, I honestly don't know that I would ever leave it.  I would probably just sit on that floor staring up at the pretty jars filled with pretty colors.  The rest of the house would have to be pretty amazing to lure me away from this sight.  Let's take a look:


Alright.  Where to begin.  I love those little chairs, although I don't think they look very comfortable.  I love the texture of the rug.  I love the table runner (which is made by Emerson and can be bought on her website).  I love the vintage map on the mantle.  It's of the coast from New York to Maine (they moved from NYC to Portsmouth, NH, so this symbolizes their trip and looks pretty). 


Beautiful.  I love the sink and the open shelves and the butcher block counter top.  And most of all I love how they stuck the knife and scissors into it! I want to do that. 


French! French! Honestly, would it be possible for me to want this house any more?? J'adore.  Oh, and that chenille bedspread? Yup. Love that too.  I actually asked my dad the other day if we still have these chenille bedspreads that belonged to his parents.  The answer was no.  Alas. I have been meaning to do a post on blankets, but it's just been too hot here to think about extra layers.


Oh, another blanket that would have been will be featured in my blanket post. I'm not positive that that's a Hudson Bay blanket, but if not, it looks pretty darn close.  And a Hudson Bay blanket is on my lifetime "to buy" list.  Can you have one of those? I just made that up.  But I think it's a good idea. 


I think this laundry room miiiiiight, just might, even making doing laundry fun...Well, also, if I had clothes like this, it would be fun.  Also, if I had clothes like this, I'd probably take them to the dry cleaner's:


Oh, speaking of clothes, Emerson designs them.  Thought she was just phenomenal at decorating her home? Nope.  Turns out she's a jill of many trades.




Aren't her clothes gorgeous? I would love to own that tweed blazer.  Who are we kidding? I would love to own any of this.  She started out making those little fabric flowers and has blown up into an entire line.  Oh and p.s. just when you thought she couldn't get any more amazing?? That's her modeling the clothes.  Geesh. 

house photos from Design*Sponge and clothing photos from EmersonMade



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love her too, and I haven't seen this yet! I love those twin 4 poster beds and that clutch and I feel the same way about the pantry! I love the idea of not having boxes and bags and all the ugly labels and everything. Just jars. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete