Friday, September 24, 2010

favorite season: fall

I think fall might be my favorite season.  I can't promise that I wont say this when winter rolls around, or especially spring for that matter.  But right now, I am loving everything about fall.  The leaves, the pumpkins, the apples, the cool air, even though I think I left my slippers in a storage unit in Colorado :( .  And while I'm a little sad to pack away my summer dresses and flip flops (I will wait for the very last moment to pack the flip flops), I could not be more excited to break out scarves and uggs (!) and jackets (and yes, most of my jackets are fleece).  


I am still working on wrapping up my summer list, but I thought a good fall list is in order today.  Jessie--please feel free to add to this list--your ideas last time were awesome!

Things I want to do this fall:

1. climb apple trees and eat the freshly picked apples till I feel sick
2. bring even more of these apples home and cook delicious things with them
3. go to a huge pumpkin patch and find the perfect pumpkin (for me this usually means misshapen)
4. carve something amazing into said pumpkin
5. attempt to toast the pumpkin seeds without burning them
6. bake something pumpkin to eat while I'm carving my pumpkin
7. jump in a big pile of leaves (this could be difficult since we only have two deciduous tress in our yard)
8. collect some beautiful leaves and find an artistic way to use them
9. make chili or stew in a slow cooker (I have never had one of these before!) and delicious jalapeno corn bread to go with it
10. drink lots and lots of tea while curled up with a good book
11. go on hikes on beautiful crisp fall days and make Dan take artsy pictures of all the leaves
12. visit the local vineyards and farms
13. go to at least one fair or festival
14.  visit historic houses in the area (love this kind of thing)
15.  brew some spiced apple cider
16.  take a trip to New Hampshire to wander the streets of Portsmouth or maybe hike in the White Mountains
17.  go to Salem, MA if we can fit it in and let myself get scared by the lore of witches and goblins/cheesy haunted houses that really freak me out
18.  take a trip to Colby and grab lunch at Riverside
19. organize my life for the move back to Colorado
20. learn how to can my own foods and then actually can them
21. oh and knit! (this also involves finding my knitting needles)

p.s. That picture is from a trip in October 2008 with my best Colby girlfriends.  We rented a cabin on a lake near Colby for a long weekend and had so much fun we almost didn't leave.

p.p.s. #22. wear lots of plaid

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love lists.

    I'll post mine (and make it #23--#? because I like all of yours) on my blog!

    ReplyDelete