Monday, September 6, 2010

little brown pen

I recently discovered a new blog, Little Brown Pen, well, new to me, not to the near 1200 followers Nichole Robertson already has.  How do people get so many followers?  I mean, obviously they have really amazing blogs, just like this one...but still the number of followers some people get astounds me.

Anyway, I adore the pictures she takes and posts.  Notice, I didn't even write that I love them.  Love seemed too commonplace for these pictures.  They deserve something more.  They deserve adoration.  Many of her photographs are organized by color.  And many of them are of Paris.  I am fascinated by the way she illuminates the colors of Paris, which I, for some reason, think of as a fairly monochromatic city.  Most Parisian buildings are similar neutral colors.  Parisians wear a lot of black.  The colors she captures are vivid and lively and beautiful and fun.

Here are some from her red color story:






Don't they just make you fall in love with Paris all over again?  Don't they make you want to hop on the next plane?  Well, they certainly have that effect on me.  Kitty, if you're reading this, get ready for a visit!

Here's just a couple more from "orange" this time, because I really just can't resist:







Sigh. Gros soupir. (Don't know if any real French person would ever even say that...) Alas, I want Paris and I want it now.  Unfortunately, it's just a little out of my budget.  Don't worry, Kitty--I'll be back someday.  Luckily for my bank account,  I don't have to go to Paris to see these views.  I can just check them out on the blog, or even buy prints from the Little Brown Pen Store or even its' Etsy shop.


Look! The prints can be ordered in sets of 9 5x5s.  Aren't they gorgeous?  Please tell me you don't want to drop everything. right now. and go. to Paris.  Will you just promise me one thing? That I can come with you?

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. I found an amazing blog today...I can scroll through without even reading for hours....http://cafecartolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete