Friday, September 17, 2010

stalking: size too small

I admit it. I was doing an unhealthy amount of blog stalking before we left for NYC.  I can't help it!  The blog world is so vast and there are so many good ones and I just don't want to miss anything spectacular, but it's so hard to keep up! And then one good blog references another and the list of blogs I want to read each day keeps growing and growing seemingly exponentially and then I'm literally drowning in blogs.  I don't know what I'm going to do when I have a real job again.  Ugh.  It's a tough life, I know.

Anyway, one of my latest blog obsessions is size too small. Mariah posts a great variety of things and they always appeal to me.  No matter if they're fashion, home decor, or even just pretty pictures, I love them.  And so I'm going to post some of my favorite finds from her blog as of late.  First up are these awesome south-western American Indian feeling pillows from Etsy:


Aren't they so cool?  I'm really into that western feel right now.  Perhaps because I'm getting excited for my imminent (or not so imminent) move back to Colorado.  But yesterday, I went to this antique store in Camden that displays all sorts of different dealers pieces and I really loved this "booth" of the store that featured a south-western theme.  Cowboy boots, a chair in buffalo red plaid (which I am obsessed with btdubs), and old paintings/photographs of horses and cowboys. All so cool.  So, I love these pillows too. If you love them as much as I do and can afford to buy them (they're actually very reasonably priced), you can do so at Chakrapennywhistle's Etsy shop.

Alright, next up in my adoration of size too small is this piece of artwork:


I just love it!  How true is that? Well, it's true for me anyway.  I love believing in impossible things.  I also love when people can vocalize sentiments I never even realized I had until somebody else put them into words.  My friend Jessie does this for me a lot on her blog.  She writes exactly what I've been feeling but haven't even noticed I've been feeling it.  Like about when she listens to music and wants to post lyrics on Facebook, but is worried that out of context it will seem creepy.  Or like her recent post about not understanding how light bulbs work or who decided it would be a good idea to eat lobsters.  SO true. I have actually found myself thinking BOTH of those things many times this summer as I have examined insanely old electrical configurations (and not understood them one bit) and pondered why people thought something as ugly and spidery-ish as a lobster could possibly be good to eat.  It'sobviously the people who act on these "impossible" beliefs who make them become reality.  So maybe we shouldn't discard those impossible thoughts at breakfast time after all.

Mariah's next coveted post/item is this jewelry: 


Two things here.  First of all, in her post on size too small, Mariah talks about how she loves the thought of using found objects to make beautiful jewelry.  I love that thought too.  While it's obviously been done before, I've been seriously thinking about turning some of my sea glass into a necklace or other piece of jewelry.  I just have to figure out how.  Second thing, I always like to give credit where credit is due in my blog.  And when I tried to trace this picture back to whoever took it and/or made these necklaces, I couldn't figure it out.  However, I did find another super cool website that is going to be a new obsession (uh-oh) Pinterest.  It's very similar to Polyvore, in that you seem to be able to collect or "pin" things you want into your own profile/space.  I mean I have only spent 5 seconds on this site so far, so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I'm VERY excited to start exploring. 

Final piece of beautifulness from size too small:




....I don't even know what to say. My jaw drops when I look at this picture. How beautiful is it?  I mean this is like other-worldy beauty. I love those colors!  And it's from this blog called The Killing Moon, which I had never known before, but am now loving, AND which is a French blog. Ta-da! French things make me so happy.

The blog world is a dangerous place my friends.  It's too easy to get sucked in and too hard to look away! Hope you enjoyed these images as much as I did and are inspired to check out some new blogs too! (Sometimes addictions are more fun when your friends share them with you... :) ) 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is so awesome!!! I love that cloud photo. Makes my heart ache a little. Oh, and that quote is from Alice in Wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh really? i didn't know! and i love alice in wonderland too. i made the cloud photo my desktop background. i love it so much.

    ReplyDelete