Monday, September 27, 2010

more weekend pictures: friendship harbor

I took Dan down to the harbor in Friendship this weekend.  I had been there once before with my mom, (otherwise I never would have known it existed) and wanted to share its beauty with Dan.  Next weekend, we'll be a bit more adventurous and try to find a place that's brand new to both of us for our next photo op. (p.s. a friend of mine at Colby claimed that her uncle coined the term "photo op" not sure if I believed her, but it would be kind of cool if it were true.  She also said her cousin was Jared of Subway weight loss fame.)



The picture below is the only one I took.  I love this little scene.  The hydrangea tree that I find so beautiful and those blue bottles in the window, plus grey shingles and a fancy scalloped trim? Ugh, it's love.  We drove past and I freaked out, telling Dan to back up the car, so I could take a picture.  Psycho much? Perhaps. But it was worth it, don't you think?


Back to the water:


Seagulls, a lobsterman's number one enemy (well maybe number two after seals):








I love all of the colors on those buoys. Also, if you look realllllly closely, the sign above the door says "Wharf Unsafe."  Eeek.  People definitely still use that wharf.  Maybe since the sign was made, the wharf has been reinforced or something.  I certainly hope so!  Anyway we were on the next wharf over, because that wharf also had a "trespass at your own risk" sign on it, which frightened me just a little.

I did feel a little weird while we were walking around taking pictures.  It took me a bit to figure out what it was.  Even though my car has Maine plates, I felt like these people could still tell we were "from away."  We may not be Friendship harbor regulars, but we can still appreciate this idyllic view!

1 comment:

  1. Awww you were in my hood! I love these pics, and the hydrangea one was totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete