Wednesday, September 22, 2010

fall is in the air

Tonight it will officially become fall at 11:09 pm.  I knew there was a specific day, but I never realized there was a specific time! That's pretty intense, even for me.  I have been so excited for fall to come since Labor Day that forcing me to wait until almost 11 pm seems unfair!  

But since it is officially fall today, I am allowing myself a first post about Halloween! I have to admit, I'm one of those people who loves holidays in an aggressive way.  And my favorites are Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Christmas decorations in the mall the day after Halloween? Bring it on. (Just don't forget about Thanksgiving, please!)  I seriously start playing Christmas carols as soon as the first flake of snow falls from the sky.  If that flake of snow decided to fall on November 1st, all the better.  Because as soon as Christmas is over, the magic is gone and it's back to normal life. I have always loved Pottery Barn's seasonal decorations and this Halloween they did not disappoint.



Look at those martinis! I love martinis and these would be no exception...well minus the fact that they don't have olives in them.  But aren't they cute?  You can get the recipe at potterybarn.com if you type "party planner" into their search box.  But I'll tell you it right here--they're essentially regular martinis, but with pearl onions and peppercorns for eyeballs instead of olives!  Love it.


Up next? An owl of course!  I love this! And I love that they have little lights in them.  I am a huge sucker for almost anything with Christmas lights in it.  Next I wandered on to the Thanksgiving and Christmas sections...but I'll leave those out of the blog for now.  I'm trying to show some sort of self-restraint!

No comments:

Post a Comment